AAR Walking Dread - NY 10.19.13

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

AAR Walking Dread - NY 10.19.13

Post by Moondog »

Thanks to everybody who came out. As it turns out, all 3 teams tied in terms of the number of stamps but EURU/NAX was ahead for more Phases, it is the technical winner of the game. A $200 donation check will be sent to the Center for Spectrum Services school and $50 checks will be sent to the other charities from the proceeds of the event.

I'd like to thank the team CO's and Embeds for all their hard work over the last few weeks organizing the players on the boards and at the field. Thanks to Zulu 24 and the volunteers today. And finally thanks to Evike.com for supplying the prizes and swag.

Please post your photos and videos on this board. Redbull will be working on this game video this week and posting it when it's done.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Loctite
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Bernardo

Re: AAR Walking Dread - NY 10.19.13

Post by Loctite »

I had a really good time at this event, another great scenario by Moondog. Extremely exciting, and realistic where it was hard to strategize/keep everyone together as you're always on the move from the zombies.

Just finished upping this before I got to work. Hopefully you guys liked it, lots of footage but cut all the fat out. Hopefully my little annotations keep the video interesting enough to give background to what's going on and keep you glued.

*Updated as per Moondog's suggestions. Enjoy!

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7RVRnjJwLo
Last edited by Loctite on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

You have to use the OLD style long URL (it's a hidden option in YouTube share) to be able to embed. Or you can use the YOUCODE tag and just put in the Youtube video ID. I changed it for you. See the code for guidance.

Three things I'd like to point out

1. You were supposed to return the stamp to the bucket to allow other teams to use it too. The other teams may now claim that your action caused them to lose the game as they were unable to get that stamp.

2. For the "Zombie Lyfe" part of the videos, it would have been nicer if you turned it B&W or put a red video effect on the footage?

3. It would be much nicer with a NYC Title Graphic instead of a cold open or End graphics. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1711
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

Moondog wrote:You have to use the OLD style long URL (it's a hidden option in YouTube share) to be able to embed. Or you can use the YOUCODE tag and just put in the Youtube video ID. I changed it for you. See the code for guidance.

Three things I'd like to point out

1. You were supposed to return the stamp to the bucket to allow other teams to use it too. The other teams may now claim that your action caused them to lose the game as they were unable to get that stamp.

2. For the "Zombie Lyfe" part of the videos, it would have been nicer if you turned it B&W or put a red video effect on the footage?

3. It would be much nicer with a NYC Title Graphic instead of a cold open or End graphics. You can find them here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1711
In his defense, the first part of that video where we found the stamp, after we marked our card I made sure it was returned to the bucket informing my guys we had to be fair to the other teams.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

sonic wrote: In his defense, the first part of that video where we found the stamp, after we marked our card I made sure it was returned to the bucket informing my guys we had to be fair to the other teams.
Ok, so that cleared up. Next year I'm going to have to tie down those stamps. I only ended up for 3 out of 8 returned at the end of the night. :-(

Loctite
First Name: Justin
Last Name: Bernardo

Post by Loctite »

Moondog wrote: Three things I'd like to point out

1) I omitted the part where we returned the stamp. The closest thing I can say to validate actions are that I was the first one on the scene and I didn't want to sit there inspecting the bag before I cleared the area, a mistake I make later on in the game.

2) I definitely wanted that blood running down the screen effect but with limited time to play with the video I tried to pump this out ASAP, I will try to make it better next time!

3) I will try to add those changes if possible, add NYC Airsoft into the title, but I will definitely keep it in mind for future videos.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Loctite wrote:
Moondog wrote: Three things I'd like to point out

1) I omitted the part where we returned the stamp. The closest thing I can say to validate actions are that I was the first one on the scene and I didn't want to sit there inspecting the bag before I cleared the area, a mistake I make later on in the game.

2) I definitely wanted that blood running down the screen effect but with limited time to play with the video I tried to pump this out ASAP, I will try to make it better next time!

3) I will try to add those changes if possible, add NYC Airsoft into the title, but I will definitely keep it in mind for future videos.

You don't need to do blood drip. In iMovie you can adjust the White Balance or add a Sepia or B&W effect to footage to shift it red or grey.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Again, this is NOT how to embed YouTube into this board. Your code should be

Code: Select all

[YOUCODE]SMtvpMUlj4M[/YOUCODE]

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

EuruNax AAR - Walking Dread 10/19/2013 Zulu24, NY

A Survivor's Story
The epidemic has reached global proportions. Our ragtag band of European survivors have all joined in a location that reports deemed vital for halting the virus outbreak.

Phase 1
Early in the day we found ourselves along the edge of what appeared to be a desolate village. Intelligence reports stated the village was clear of the Infected, but other nations were converging for control of the area. Violent firefights were quickly creating recruits for the Infected horde. EuruNax was tasked with locating and securing documents that might be able to aid us in decyphering the viral strains that coursed through the Infected. We held off the growing horde as long as possible, finally succumbing to the virus.

Phase 2
EuruNax regrouped east of the village in search of virus samples, medicines, and the ever important caches of ammunition. Our forces split into two groups, searching outlying structures for consumables. My fireteam located a cache quickly and retrieved a vital sample of virii blood. No sooner than we congratulated ourselves were we attacked by a small group of Infected. We held them off with relative ease and exited the area in search of more samples.

As expected, we eventually found ourselves assaulting the village. This proved to be very beneficial for us. We located two caches of ammunition, which saved our bacon. Many of our surviving troops were dangerously low or out of ammo. A fast moving Infected tore through the center of the village and damned myself and two mates to die and join the horde. With my brain now turned to jelly, I have no idea what happened to EuruNax.

Phase 3
In the final phase of our daylight operations, EuruNax regrouped at a downed helicopter. Undoubtedly, the pilots were wandering the AO looking for food. Intelligence reports informed us that there was a dirty bomb located somewhere in the area. A small force was sent to the village to attempt to open a vault that may or may not contain vital information. Though the recon force was supplied with codes to open the box, my instructions were misunderstood and the box remained closed.

The bulk of EuruNax headed to an abandoned drug lab searching for more ammo and medicine. We were quickly attacked but repelled the Infected easily. After being reconnected with the recon team, EuruNax exited to the southwest and regrouped at an old oil rig. We made a final push on the village to locate the lockbox. I was bitten by a hiding Infected and my brain melted. I was informed later that the Infected somehow banded together and assaulted the drug lab en masse, causing chaos and dominating the area.

Night Operations
EuruNax assembled on the northwest edge of the AO and slowly crept through the forest. Our target was the oil rig, but in the darkness we overshot it. We found ourselves at the drug lab where we gathered our bearings and assaulted the village.

A dense fog had come over the area and visibility was poor. Scattered reports of "Zombies in the Ville" had us on edge. We did our best to survive, but one by one we fell to savage needs of the undead and follwed them on the endless search for fresh meat.

A Zombie's Story
gar aarr aarr ar ar. Gar guh arr gah. Grrrahh gar guh gar. Gar gar gar gaar.

Slugger
First Name: Aidin
Last Name: Bharti

Post by Slugger »

Here is the footage i got from outbreak one from Panasia

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMtvpMUlj4M