After Action Reports, game photos and videos
sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

AAR Tommy Gun 2 May 25, 2014 Zulu24

Post by sonic »

Taken from MrSpank

Let me start with saying that I think we did great considering what we had to work with. Also, it seems that we had done a better job than I had initially thought. Most of the downsides of this event are due from circumstances beyond our control.

This was an event with three factions fighting over different objectives. Our objectives directly brought us against The Darkest Hour (TDH) faction. Or rather, pit them against us. We had to protect a rocket at the Launch Site. The launch site was 150-200m from the TDH starting position/respawn. This might have been OK in the original situation where TDH and us were evenly matched in strength. However, in reality we had about 20 and they had over 40. And JSOC faction would sometimes encroach into our battlespace, and we’d be forced to engage them as well. I don’t remember offhand how strong JSOC was before game day, but I think it was at least 40. On actual game day, it probably was even more. So, we had that working against us.

To further complicate things, the event a first big event handled by Angel. Subsequently, there were hiccups. The one that really effected us negatively was that the rest of our faction didn’t arrive to our starting area until game start. “Game-on” notice was given right as the last of our guys arrived. Of all the factions to hit the field, they should have been the first, not the last. Us six hit the field early because we needed time to plant our ordinance. We only requested about 20-25 minutes. It felt like we ended up sitting out there alone for an hour. During that time, we watched a group much larger than expected walk past us to the TDH starting point. They didn’t need to do any set up. We did need to do setting up to establish defensive fighting positions. Besides that not happening, I’m not even sure how many guys got to utilize the structures as pill-boxes. Despite all of that, we made it a fight for them that they thought was tougher than they were expecting. Some were later heard describing us as "ninjas" in our ability to pop up and take out 10-15 of them. How about that!

After they got to the rocket, they pulled back. Their mission was to remove the core of the rocket which contained the Biological or Chemical agent called November Rain. It was a nice prop made by Angel. Perhaps, too nice. There was supposed to be a specific way to safely remove the core from the rocket. They didn’t seem to have gotten that memo, they did it wrong, and technically released the B/C agent killing everyone, game over. But this was discovered after the event. Though, I did radio in to Angel that some of the internals from it spilled out.

Our next mission was to pull back to our stronghold. That was the village/CQB portion of the field. It turns out that our two super soldiers were there, guarding our VIP. They had been fighting back the JSOC forces from the East. Though, when we arrived, I didn’t see either of these “Juggernauts.” As it turns out, we were sent there in error. Game command was under the impression that JSOC had acquired the November Rain. In fact, it was still with TDH. So we wasted our time trying to fight through the town and chase someone we didn’t need to. Soon after we had a our lunch break.

During our break we re-assessed the situation. This is where it became apparent that we were the smallest faction, and we were tasked with protecting the axis of interest. We had to stretch out ourselves and defend an area from forces four times our size. It was the assessment of Angle that JSOC were particularly fierce and effective, so he suggested we team up with TDH when the game starts. Something we had to accomplish, not something that was just a given or to be done in staging.

We hit the field, and made radio contact with TDH. We met with a representative at the launch site. They didn’t seem to trust us. I made up the story that we needed to team up with them to teach The American invaders a lesson on interfering in our sovereign country. That we’d be happier to deal with terrorists that let the Americans go unpunished. That every country the US interferes in, ends up in a much worse situation. We brokered a deal, and rejoined our forces in the Lab/Village/CQB field.

There was light fighting. None seemed to have broken our perimeter. Well, a few made it a couple of feet from the North East corner. Almost all our combat was focused into the tree-line, up to the downed helicopter. The Juggernauts were heat casualties and hit the staging area about 1/3rd of the way into this portion of the game. Though, I don't think we suffered at all for it. Some of the TDH did not get the memo about our truce, so they did enter town shooting us. That got resolved quick enough, but they still entered town that we totally controlled in a way that was too hostile in posture. TDH was supposed to bring their captured November Rain so that it could be detonated in our lab. Their commander didn’t seem trust us. That someone we were going to betray them. While we were waiting for their leader to arrive with the package, we had no direct combat with JSOC. Just received a bunch of mortar attacks of nerfs and smokes. Portraying standard mortar rounds and C/B rounds. Eventually it arrived, and Sonic set it off. Game.

Alchy-ops
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Tochterman

Re: AAR Tommy Gun 2 May 25, 2014 Zulu24

Post by Alchy-ops »

As a member of the Imperial Guard I saw intense fighting from both groups. During phase one, several IG members secured the east building inside the launch site. Within seconds of getting into the building we were engaged in a fire fight with the TDH. Both side exchanged fire for a several minutes with the IG score many kills while taking no casualties. However that all changed when a member of TDH was able to throw a Thunder B (filled with BBs) into the room next to me killing two IG members. After that the building came under heavy enemy fire killing a IG member next to me, moments later I would be killed as well. At this point IG had lost control over the launch site and was respawning in the woods near by. Being out numbered by so many we were unable to retake control of the site until TDH had retreated. We were then given orders to retreat to the IG Stronghold as JSOC was being ordered to cease-fire and let us by. This turned out to not be the case as many JSOC members continuously opened fire on IG causing us to stop and engage them. This gave TDH time to regroup and push on our position. At this point we were now fighting both groups simultaneously on two fronts in the South West part of the IG Stronghold. Our group was overwhelmed and effectively ran off the field as we had no open ground to respawn in. Thankfully this was the end of phase one.

Phase two began with IG defending the IG Stronghold. There was only 12-16 IG at this point so holding on to the stronghold was going to be tough. Four members of IG were tasked with holding the Northeast potion of the stronghold from JSOC. This was no easy task as JSOC spawned in the Northeast section of the map. The game started and we expected them to be on top of us immediately however this was not the case. I think it was well over 10 minutes before we saw JSOC near the stronghold. As JSOC moved in we started to engage them, at first it was a few small groups moving towards us, we quickly fended them off. They then moved more to the center and again were fended off. Soon after this the Northeast corner was hit again but with a much larger force. jSOC sustained heavy casualties and was forced to retreat, IG had lost 2 of is members as well during the engagement. JSOC again attacked the Northeast potion of the stronghold but this time came better prepared and pushed all the way up to the stronghold. JSOC again took heavy casualties but was able to take out the four members of IG and took control over 2 buildings inside the stronghold. An intense CQB firefight began inside the stronghold between JSOC and IG with both sides take casualties. TDH soon arrived and helped push JSOC out of the stronghold. After that point JSOC would never again step foot near the stronghold. Every time they would advance we would inflict heavy casualties on them forcing them to retreat. After sustaining so many casualties during the game, JSOC members began to desert from there units and flee the field of battle. TDH reinforcements soon arrived at the stronghold with the November Rain. A few remaining JSOC members tried to attack the center of the stronghold but was quickly dealt with by IG and TDH. While this was happening the IG engineer was preparing November Rain to be detonated in the tower. Both IG and TDH sustain multiple casualties from mortar and chemical attacks while attempting to complete the preparations for detonating November Rain. Once the preparations where completed the IG engineer detonated November Rain and ended the game.
Ricochet Tactical Airsoft Retailer Facebook
Shrike Tactical Response Airsoft Team Facebook

OP: Bad Blood 2013 - The Black Shirts
OP: Tantalum Contract 2013 - Angle Sino Security
OP: Fallout 2013 - THE HUDSON UNION
OP: Crimson Skies 2014 - Army
OP: Tommy Gun 2014 - Imperial Guard Invite Only Team
OP: Bad Blood 2014 - Green Army Commanding Officer
OP: Fallout East 2014 - The Wastelanders
OP: Cyrpt 2014 - FREEDOM FIGHTERS

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

Date: 05-25-2014, 0900-1700
Ao: Zulu24 Rock Tavern,NY
Lat: 41.4741661
Long: -74.1377347
Lat: N 41° 28′ 27″
Long: W 74° 8′ 15.84″
Operation: Tommy Gun 2
Tommy Gun is an event that was created by Moondog in 2012, to raise money for a young man with the spirit of a lion named Tommy Lukowski, who had been battling bone cancer. Tommy has taught us all alot about waging war against immeasurable odds, & never giving up no matter what form the enemy takes. 
On a sunny spring day in upstate New York, over 150 players came together for an epic battle. 
Although they were battling each other physically, the real battle was being waged against an even larger enemy with a small name, & that enemy was cancer. 
The days activities started with the normal SOP's involved with airsoft. Registration, chronograph, prop placement & staff/NPC deployment.
Once the horn was sounded, to signal the start of the game, all elements were in place. The Imperial Guard had control of the M55 rocket containing the November Rain payload, The Darkest Hour were diggin into their stronghold & JSOC was inserted to the northern swamps of the AO. 
JSOC, at the command of G5, wasted no time in getting their units mobile & performed ravenous sweeps for ieds at the UN & local hospital, eliminating any OPFOR they came across. 
TIG's commander Mr. Spank had broken them off into 2 units, one safeguarding November Rain & the other securing Dr. Lukowski & his lab. Dr. Lukowski had 2 jugganauts at his side at all times, causing massive casualties on his command. Their immunity to small arms fire gave them the advantage of serving as a force multiplier for TIG, & balance their extremely outnumbered faction. 
Mr. Speefy had his TDH units capture a VIP, moments after the horn sounded & secured him at the Penzzoil jail house for the majority of the first half. A TDH QRF unit was sent with engineers to locate & gain control of November Rain, to be used as they saw fit, going against the original intentions set by TIG. 
TDH suffered casualties at the hands of Mr. Spank & his unit at the launch site, but ultimately gained control of the M55 rocket. Comms came through the wire from TDH, claiming that they had successfully removed the November Rain core. This shifted the score card in their favor against JSOC, or so they thought. It turns out that the suspension cables that were suppose to be cut from the warhead, were yanked out. This would have changed the game, had the intel been recieved properly to the GM. 
A break in the action was called at 1300, due to players feeling the effects of the heat. 
At 1400, when the game restarted, an alliance was formed between TDH & TIG, due to the aggressive start that JSOC showed early on. JSOC began to bombard CQB City with mortar fire & straif runs from a helicopter, in an attempt to weaken enemy forces, but had little success in doing so. This alliance proved to be the kill shot to JSOC's exhausted & battle worn assets. At 1630, November Rain was placed at The Tower in CQB City, then detonated at 1645. This action caused a draw game for JSOC & TDH. 
The days events were concluded with a sweet Tommy Gun raffled off & goodies handed out, compliments of Evike.com. Additional raffles were held offering numerous other guns & goodies, compliments of New Breed airsoft, the approved vendor at the event. All proceeds from the secondary raffles went to Lil Gary Auchmoedy, the 12 year old son of Scavenger from Nycairsoft, who has been recieving treatment for a brain tumor at Memorial Sloan-Kettering cancer treatment center in NYC. 
Our guest of honor & mad scientist Tommy Lukowski, ended the days events with a few words of encouragement & support for the family of Little Gary, followed by a moment of silence for those we have lost in the battle against cancer & our service men & women who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. 
It was an awesome & heart warming Memorial Day weekend in Rock Tavern New York. Thank you to ALL who helped make it possible & we will do it again next year! 
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Shogun Mitsu
Site Admin
First Name: Angel
Last Name: Sosa

Post by Shogun Mitsu »

I would like to thank every one who came out for Tommy Gun 2, & the patience everyone had with me on game day. I under estimated the amount of staff I needed & fell short in quite a few areas. Comms were going to play an integral part in the event, but we had severe issues in that area & it caused objectives to be taken without instruction from the GM & errors being made. For anyone who has run on a faction that I have CO'd or embedded for, you know that I am heavy on the use of comms & all assets being given proper intel to complete objectives. I had bigger expectations for comms & that was the major bump in the road for this event. It will be handled differently next time. Thank you to all the CO's, embeds & Nycairsoft volunteer staff. We couldnt have done this without you.
~STRENGTH & HONOR~
NYCAirsoft.com the definitive guide to airsoft for NYC, connecting airsoft players in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and around the world.
ACCOUNT VALIDATION INSTRUCTIONS
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=379

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

I was honored to be able to play on the IG under Mr. Spank and Sonic. In most events we are looking down the barrel at each other.

The IG was staffed with a large percentage of experienced players who could remain patient, focus on the objective(s) and operate in compartmentalized scenarios. Proper com usage for relaying pertinent intel kept Mr. Spank in the global picture.

With that said there were originally six IG tasked to protect the missile site in phase one. After deploying numerous claymore and landmines in the area Mr. Spank tasked the small group to dig in with the hope to at least slow down the eminent TFH horde. Firepower was not an issue with three SAWs (M60, Stoner MK23, L86), two AKs and an M4 variant. IG reinforcements arrived just as the TDH attack began. It was a valiant battle with many TDH casualties but the IG were outnumbered and forced to withdraw as they re-spawned. We did manage to fight our way back into the site but the missile had been removed. For the remainder of the first phase we harassed JSOC in the compound from concealed positions in the tree line.

During the second phase JSOC had objectives unknown to the IG. The IG was deployed to protect the compound, lab, and hvt. In the process of doing so the IG was able to disrupt JSOC non-compound related objectives by using isolated attacks of intense high volume fire onto well-traveled routes. Then they were able to withdraw to support the compound.

The Juggernauts were a force multiplier moving from firefight to firefight supporting the compound. They came to my rescue several times defending the far end near the downed helicopter.

Once the alliance with TDH was solidified defense of the compound became more consistent and allowed movement outside of the compound. This was the beginning of the end and eventually led to the detonation of the wmd.

Thanks to Shogun and the folks at Zulu for putting on a great game for a great cause. It was excellent to see many of my old friends rally around such a great event.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Carbon
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: O'Brien

Post by Carbon »

Idk if anyone would be interested but heres the footage from my gun cam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWYbpe5ivhc

Its kinda slow but I was medic in Phase 1. I learned a lot about recording and am looking forward to recording at Bad Blood!

Carbon, Baja 3, The Darkest Hour Special Forces
-HPA KJW KC-02 X22
-KWA KRISS Vector
-Echo1 Full Metal XCR
-Custom Mk12
-VFC M27
-Marui 870
-P* M60

DEFCON
First Name: JR
Last Name: STRICKLAND

Post by DEFCON »

Bit of a late post for the OP....This was my first NYC Airsoft event and it was outstanding! Meet a lot of great people from the city and Zulu was a very nice field. I did break my foot during this OP and tomorrow I should be cleared by the DOC.

Thanks for a great event!

ps.my team changed my call sign from DEFCON to FRACTURE.
DEFCON