AAR OP: Bad Blood 2014

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Missing Gun

Post by Moondog »

Rider wrote:Had lot of people loading gear into the van. Not keeping track of what went in and not. Hopefully, someone else at the pizza area picked it up and did not know who it belonged to. Hoping anyways.
The gun I saw turned it to Lost And Found was a shotgun. Call up PSI and ask them. They'll keep all stuff turned in until the end of August.

Items not claimed by then will be donated to the raffle at OP Fallout East.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

MT-SWIFT
First Name: chris
Last Name: gordon

Re: AAR OP: Bad Blood 2014

Post by MT-SWIFT »

First off I want to say thank you to Moondog, PSI and Evike for putting on such a great game you guys really did a fantastic job.

Now this is the first time I've been to Operation Bad Blood and I have to say that what it was fun.. me and my guys had some car trouble and we probably weren't going to be able to play. I was able to contact Mark Twain and let him about our situation he offered to help by picking us up with all our gear .. also Troysofter did as well.. want to say thank you guys for that..there also was a guy from the taskforce congo team that help us too i didn't catch your name but thank you. That night we were able to locate a u-haul dealership and get a truck just so we can get there and play. There was a little trouble trying to get the truck parked(it was huge) we had to park on the side of the road where we were instructed to park and then someone came up to us and told us that the state troopers were going to come and ticket and tow everybody that was parked on the side of the road so that was a problem eventually we had got it solved and squeeze into a little space in the parking lot. Now on to the game I was part of the QRF.. our job is to protect the sample collector all in all that part of the game was fantastic we did one hell of a job as a team... we came together and rocked it..later on there we a few coms issues but that's to be expected in a big game like this. The CO and Embeds worked through those and got it fixed for the most part. One thing that did bother me is the lack of direction and leadership from the squad leaders. I think the fact that they had so many people under their command they were getting overwhelmed. There was a point where we were fighting up a hill and it seemed to me we were getting bogged down and not moving anymore. So I decided to move up with my M60 to lay down some fire support..when I got to the top nobody was taking charge so I felt I needed to .. I lead the rush up and over and we were able to take the hill..that was my first firefight of the day and it was amazing.. just the noise of all those guns throwing rounds down range was awesome.. then the rest of the day was just walking round with little action. we did that until we ran out of water and had to refill at the truck... After we filled up we met up with Troysofter at the city.. I guess there was some kind of conflict there but I was not there yet to see it..that happens no big deal. After we took the city we tried to move to our start point .. that's when we ran into a big force of enemy players.. unknown to us that they formed an alliance with each other.. again I found myself looking at a bunch of Deus X players just standing around not pushing or moving..they were just shooting.. that's when we started to get out flanked so me and my squad set up a firing position we had a Stoner LMG and a M60 and with the help of the main force and some smoke our sustain fire was able to drive them back.. that was the only two engagements that we got in all day and they were a blast. I wish we had more. Same thing happened at the end battle.. lots of guys just shooting an not moving up.. and the ones that did got picked off quick. So again i took it upon myself to lead the rush and with fire support we were able to get the little city... and that was it. The only thing that sucked for us was we were unable to stay for the final battle and the raffle.. we needed to pick up our truck at Meineke before 6pm or we were going to be stuck with nowhere to stay or have to leave the truck 4 hours from home. But all in all even with car trouble and getting there late .. it was one of the best games I've ever played.. thank you so much for letting us be apart of it
Malicious Tactics
Call sign- SWIFT

TLO-Marksman
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Dann

Post by TLO-Marksman »

I was a part of Task Force Congo.

My P* was never tournament locked, some people got actually hit in the eye from taking their goggles off. Safety was pretty Bad the whole, lack of netting no enforcement on making players use red rags was pretty bad leading to BAD confusion.

I had some personal issues that prevented me from playing for the nearly first half of the game. Following this I went to the field it sounded like TF Congo was just being pounded, when I got there we got a FRAGO ready to send a small group of players into the East Congo to find stamps being lead by my Team Leader TLO-Recon. We had our players rolling out and spawned on the far east. Slowly walking through I was pretty disappointed by my own team before we even took fire. Im not sure if that was the exhaustion or people really just need to learn some basic tactics. No one was at low ready, people slowly ambled towards through brush not prepared to take contact at all, funny enough the only players who actually were prepared to take contact were some very out of shaped/ over weight players who tried much harder than anyone else (to me if your overweight and play airsoft I salute you because your actually trying and this here showed spirit and determination won). We opened into a small village and found a stamp, there we waited and waited unsure what to do because we didnt have anyone who could collect a stamp at all. So we kept waiting, some players created a formation while the others just stood and waited there bored. To continue a couple villagers roll up, tell us they dont want us in their village and have killed over 400 players and could easily wipe us out. Unfortunately they didnt want anything I had to trade either, at this point our CO had showed up with a bunch of other players and the rest of my personal team. The tribals had rolled up and attempted to wipe us out at this point, their threat was pretty bad as we wiped them out almost instantly at about 200ft range. The only players we lost were the ones too lazy to move or maybe they just didnt care and just sat there as we took fire, so then we finally have the stamp and move out again however, we move back towards the same direction we had started from. We move and engage I believe OD Mercs someone green, I didnt even take any fire picked off 2 players at 200ft plus range, some pretty bad no hit calling at long range throughout the entire event people dont want to be honest. Almost our entire force gets wiped out, I get killed because no one wants to move. We have literally maybe 10 players alive, we all respawn and book hit to the village we were at, I move forward watch for any villagers, then post up and pull rear-security as our team moves through taking fire from hidden villagers and the Green hostiles. We move around to South of the Village now SW of where we took fire and exactly West of where we started. Sporadic fire, kill 2 villagers and continue to move. It was pretty boring nothing was happening no one even wanted to try at all. We continue to move to WHERE WE STRTED, we had been led into a full circle by our leaders to where we literally started taking contact from GREENFOR the whole time, and its sporadic too not even anything that should hit you so long as yo dont stand in the open. A player on TF Congo is shouting for people to move up, no one listens at all I move in. A tribal with a pistol literally appeared out of the mist killed me and went right back down. He did this repeatedly and I can safely say got over 20 kills without being spotted. He could have went for even more and we had some really open exposed players, but he took it conservative, and I doubt he got it. Our entire Task Force is wiped out here, so we all go back re-arm quickly get to the field and the game ends.
Then the final battle finally begins I didnt see one enemy we all sat in a ditch being told we were going the wrong way and having to turn around and take fire. Nothing happened basically.

I was chrono'ed for the Zombie game shooting 410 with .3's so I know I wached my distance but many other people didnt even chrono so what does that mean safety wise.

Sunday we got to Dead Blood at about 10:15 and were forced to become zombies because we were *late* were told to shut up for being late (I had a paper in my hand that said it started at 11). After the zombie game ended, the pick up games afterward were pretty strange. The alamo type games were bad because I couldnt tell who was alive or dead the whole time. The CTF games were pretty good and the Fallujah was a hit or miss that was alright.

Overall my weekend was good, the game itself needs much better cohesion and there was a host of other problems I don't wanna deal with. I'm unsure if I will be plying next year as it was alot of money, all the stories I was told of all this stuff I never saw and the event was pretty overblown. All the crazy stories never happened and I hardly saw the enemy.

Erebus
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Hemphill

Post by Erebus »

Tribal from Southern Congo here. As always, thanks to Moondog and Evike. The prizes especially were amazing this year (even is I didn't win anything :(

I wasn't able to make it last year, but from what I heard the hiding of objectives worked much better this year than last (where locations were assigned). We only had 20 people on South, so there was no way we could have defended a fixed location. This gave us the ability to shift and distract much better. We did not move our objectives once placed. The one I was aware of was in tall grass. Not buried, but definitely requiring an organized search patter (or dumb luck).
Overall thoughts for the game are as follows:
1) Ban alliances - from what I saw this caused more confusion than anything else, and resulted in a lack of trigger time for a fair number of people.
2) Make goggles required even on the "river" - This was where I saw the most issues with goggles being taken off the, while teams were crossing. This was still too close to the combat area for my comfort.
3) Require dead rags when moving across the "river" - Several times Tribals got yelled at for shooting people "while they were regrouping" with no way for us to know that.

Now the highlights:
"The key to being a Tribal, where you will always be outnumbered at least 5 to 1, is to be a sneaky SOB" - Me

"Please don't see me" - Early on, my primary went down and I was left with my TM Socom Gas NBB pistol. For those not familiar, this is an exceptionally quiet gun. So upon realizing my conundrum, I dove into high grass near my teammates and waiting for them to be over run. Then, as the aggressing team moved by I picked off people one by one with no one the wise . . . until I heard someone ask "hey, is that someone in the bushed?" I proceeded to take a BB right in between my face mask and googles, leaving a nice welt. However, given that when I called out and stood up it turned out I had an entire enemy team within 10 feet I will count my blessings that that's all I got. The combination of the rush of people not seeing me, followed by the horror when they did made this a memorable moment.

"Surrender . . . please" - At another point, there was an enemy team engaging several tribals across ridges. They apparently decided we were too much trouble and tried to bypass us, so I and one of my teammates decided to walk down across the valley and try to flak them. As it turned out, we came up on their respawn area, and with no realistic way around, we had to go through. This resulted in a rather awkward conversation with dead people about who I should and should not shoot. "Who's alive? Are they alive?" "Dead men tell no tales!" "But I'm trying not to shoot dead people!"
Eventually I drew a line in my head and proceeded to light into the people ahead of that line. A whole bunch of red flags went up, but no return fire?! Apparently there was confusing that this was an alliance malfunction. I shrugged, and moved up along with my teammate taking out people facing the other direction. At one point we cam up on a fire nest of four people all pointing away. I didn't want to light all of them up, so instead I got very close, hefted my gun (a large, fairly intimidating L86) and calmly said "Excuse me gentlemen, but I would greatly appreciate it if you would surrender." At which point my teammate showed up next to me adding "As would I." while pointing his own boxmagged m4. The look on their faces brings smiles to mine either now. From there we went on to eliminate the rest of the enemies forward guard, and proceeded to walk back to the accolades of our fellow tribals, having taken out about thirty people (the other members of the enemy force already having been dead.

"I belong here . . ." - Toward the end of the day I saw the MERC team disengaging from Southern Congo (the infamous I'm lost march). Not being allowed to shoot a disengaging team, but unwilling to let that many turned backs go, I simply walked up and got into the end of the crossing line (I didn't know what a walk I was in for). I proceeded to follow the line along the road and back across the "river" to the other side where they regrouped. While their commander gave new orders and rallied them I simply sat to the side and tried to be inconspicuous. I was in sight, and was told later by people that they saw me, but it just didn't register. Eventually the Mercs mobilized except for a few stragglers. As these people didn't have their googles on, I simply walked over and politely explained that, since their goggles weren't on, I couldn't shoot them, but to please consider themselves dead, which they very politely did. I then proceeded to walk up behind the rest of the Mercs, who where strung out in a very nice single file line, and one after another, poke them with my gun and quietly inform them they were dead, in some cases simply resorting to putting my finger to my lips when other Mercs were too close. To their credit, no MERCs made a sound as I killed them. It could not last though, and eventually I was shot in the back by someone who may or may not have been alive. However, before the question could be cleared up, the shot and conversation drew attention from the MERCs ahead of us, who turned around to see an inordinately large number of red flags behind them. Knowing I was screwed one way or another, and fairly confident that I was, in fact, still technically alive, I simply charged and started putting rounds in whoever I could. The last second surprise gave me a decent number of additional kills before getting well and truly lit up (thank your for shooting me center mass!). Marching up the line quietly taking people out will be one of the highlights of my airsoft career for a long time.

"Oops" - Of course, less I come off as Rambo, I also managed at one point to fail to recognize a teammate coming up being me, grab my gun to yell parley, and instead accidentally hit the trigger giving him a nice long burst of fire point blank to his ass. Still feel bad about that one . . .

Cheers to everyone, and hope you found my anecdotes amusing. See you next year!
Signature and personality being remodeled

ROOSTER / 37TH
First Name: Chuck
Last Name: Austin

Post by ROOSTER / 37TH »

horrible, had a blast, but game was horrible!!! refs sucked, cheating left and right allowed... zombie game time was changed without warning, crono was joke had two team members with broken skin under bdus from way to hot weapons..... advertised lots of venders, and sponcers that would be there there was one!...

best game was pick up game that was not even part of agenda.....

I did have a good time, game needs lots of work on refs, rules, and leadership... I am sorry but with exception of Rosales the embeds and leadership of Taskforce congo sucked................ I would not recommend ever giving Lynx any type of leadership position again!!!!!!
ROOSTER - XO
ALPHA COMPANY QRF (Taskforce Congo)
XO- OHIO OPERATORS
CO- 37TH S.O.G.

Slugger
First Name: Aidin
Last Name: Bharti

Post by Slugger »

Not really an AAR since i wasnt on a team but here's some footage i got

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5KRrIb5YBI

psiamp
First Name: Anthony
Last Name: Sasso

Post by psiamp »

MT-SWIFT wrote:First off I want to say thank you to Moondog, PSI and Evike for putting on such a great game you guys really did a fantastic job.

Now this is the first time I've been to Operation Bad Blood and I have to say that what it was fun.. me and my guys had some car trouble and we probably weren't going to be able to play. I was able to contact Mark Twain and let him about our situation he offered to help by picking us up with all our gear .. also Troysofter did as well.. want to say thank you guys for that..there also was a guy from the taskforce congo team that help us too i didn't catch your name but thank you. That night we were able to locate a u-haul dealership and get a truck just so we can get there and play. There was a little trouble trying to get the truck parked(it was huge) we had to park on the side of the road where we were instructed to park and then someone came up to us and told us that the state troopers were going to come and ticket and tow everybody that was parked on the side of the road so that was a problem eventually we had got it solved and squeeze into a little space in the parking lot. Now on to the game I was part of the QRF.. our job is to protect the sample collector all in all that part of the game was fantastic we did one hell of a job as a team... we came together and rocked it..later on there we a few coms issues but that's to be expected in a big game like this. The CO and Embeds worked through those and got it fixed for the most part. One thing that did bother me is the lack of direction and leadership from the squad leaders. I think the fact that they had so many people under their command they were getting overwhelmed. There was a point where we were fighting up a hill and it seemed to me we were getting bogged down and not moving anymore. So I decided to move up with my M60 to lay down some fire support..when I got to the top nobody was taking charge so I felt I needed to .. I lead the rush up and over and we were able to take the hill..that was my first firefight of the day and it was amazing.. just the noise of all those guns throwing rounds down range was awesome.. then the rest of the day was just walking round with little action. we did that until we ran out of water and had to refill at the truck... After we filled up we met up with Troysofter at the city.. I guess there was some kind of conflict there but I was not there yet to see it..that happens no big deal. After we took the city we tried to move to our start point .. that's when we ran into a big force of enemy players.. unknown to us that they formed an alliance with each other.. again I found myself looking at a bunch of Deus X players just standing around not pushing or moving..they were just shooting.. that's when we started to get out flanked so me and my squad set up a firing position we had a Stoner LMG and a M60 and with the help of the main force and some smoke our sustain fire was able to drive them back.. that was the only two engagements that we got in all day and they were a blast. I wish we had more. Same thing happened at the end battle.. lots of guys just shooting an not moving up.. and the ones that did got picked off quick. So again i took it upon myself to lead the rush and with fire support we were able to get the little city... and that was it. The only thing that sucked for us was we were unable to stay for the final battle and the raffle.. we needed to pick up our truck at Meineke before 6pm or we were going to be stuck with nowhere to stay or have to leave the truck 4 hours from home. But all in all even with car trouble and getting there late .. it was one of the best games I've ever played.. thank you so much for letting us be apart of it

that would have been me that was at the hotel that night and gave you marks number im glad i could have helped and im glad you guys made it to the op i hope you guys will make next years event take care psiamp out

psiamp
First Name: Anthony
Last Name: Sasso

Post by psiamp »

i know alot of people have been complaining somewhat about refe's and cheating and what not you have to remeber something when u have 2 embeds for 150 people we cant see everything all the time.. as for people takeing off googles when i saw it i spoke to the people about it as for red rags same thing and even when you had red rags on other factions still shot at you some people no matter what the rules are will do what they please hell at one point i was dead as a embed i had red rag on and was holding the orange flag next thing i know i was hit with about 50 bb's i approached the 3 kids who did the shooting and they told me there CO told them to kill the embeds because then the whole moblie spawn has to go back to start i called moondog up on that he said thats wrong.....another time outside zaire city same thing another faction comes rolling in shooting everyone includeing the 30 plus players with red rags on there head and 2 orange flags

what im getting at is no matter how hard you try people still will cheat and do what they want all we could do was our best i hope the few bad points that happened wont keep people from playing next year

soccerman245
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Kishel

Post by soccerman245 »

Psiamp,

how about more than 2 embeds per team? Or how about rather than embeds there are paid referees without any team affiliation or ability to play in the game?

The whole idea of have players within the game act as referee's just kills the entire neutrality of the ref. I understand these people are selected because they are honorable/experienced players but nobody is perfect. In a war-like situation like airsoft things get heated and it is extremely difficult for any player to stay neutral when already on a team.

I had a firsthand experience of an embed misbehaving.

Right off of the bat as a blue blood player entering Zaire city at the start of the game I encountered an embed among the players that started in the city who was also lighting kids up. I was under the impression that there were supposed to be no players starting so close to our spawn point. This was not ideal, but what really upset me was then I was among a group of players that stormed left side of the city and when I cam around a wall I found myself a few feet from this embed, facing his side while he was peeking around the side of a wall. I said surrender or die and the embed said he had already shot me which was not true because he had not even seen me coming. I was forced to go back to the Triage fuming.

Personally, I would rather pay more and have a better led event with a higher number of referees than pay $50 and experience the same thing again.

Arsenal
First Name: sean
Last Name: jones

Post by Arsenal »

I'm all for reducing the amount of teams.
Armory:
ICS CXP16L,
ICS CXP CONCEPT
WE G18C,
CA P90 Terminator Mod,
UMAREX SL9,
M3 TriShot shotgun,
A&K m249 SAW,
King Arms GBB M4
Tippmann M4 HPA X2
A&K Masada DMR

OP: Bad Blood 2013-OD Mercs