(AAR) Op: Reality Check 5, GZA, CT August 8-10, 2014

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
MrSpank
Site Admin
First Name: Roman
Last Name: Kamensky

(AAR) Op: Reality Check 5, GZA, CT August 8-10, 2014

Post by MrSpank »

Bare with me please. This was a 27 hour long event with out any breaks.
I just finally recovered from this weekend long event today. I started writing the AAR, but I'm not done with it yet.
I have so much to say. But even if I get to say 100% all of my experiences, its probably one about 1/3 at most, but more like 1/6 of the entire Reality Check experience. Thats because you have to understand that there are two player factions with their own living and developing stories and missions, and a set of None Player Characters who also have a living and progressing world which is also effected by the other factions. The entire event is a rich and complicated world.

This was a Monty Airsoft RAMPS production held at Ground Zero Airsoft in CT.
The Reality Check series has only gotten better and longer over the years. This was the most phenomenal episode so far.

The organizer of this event has served multiple tours and in different capacities. He tried to bring more to MilSim than just dressing up and pulling the trigger. This event was like a concentrated collection of exercises which some military had to face beyond hanging out in the barracks and hanging out in the FOB and once in a while shoot at an enemy. We had to utilize negotiation skills, deduction skills, creative problem solving, and even engineering. Casualty evacuation. That one is a big one. My team has been involved in those at RC3 and RC4. This year we took it as an opportunity to nap, since it was technically a mission for Braveheart and already 'been there, done that.' We did get to have our share of trigger pulling, though much less than at other events. But that in no way felt like a negative.

A much more detailed AAR to follow.