Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

AAR Miami Heat 2011

Post by Moondog »

Image Image Image Image

AAR Miami Heat

"Heat" was an understatement. It was 98º at noon and the heat index well over 100º. But still the players sucked it up and came in "uniform" for the cops and crooks themed airsoft game.

The cops were dressed in Miami Vice styled civilian clothing. The crooks were either dressed as Latin American mobsters or as members of FARC in green tactical gear. Given the insanely brutal heat, a lot of the costume considerations were thrown aside once the game started.

The Heat scenario started the day. Based on the gun-tastic bank robbing scene from the move "Heat", a small team of Deviated Rationality, Nidan and Ryan 3 were dressed in business suits. They exited the armored car and fought their way to their 'safe house' on the rear field.

The bank robbers were the only players allowed to fire in full auto and had body armor so it required 3 hits to take them out. All the other players were on the LAPD team, who's goal was to stop them from escaping with their loot. After an intense 5 minute firefight, Ryan was dead as were the first group of cops (who respawned in the rear field.) Nidan and DR were wounded but able to limp on. They had to reloaded before heading off to the second firefight because they went through most all of their midcaps.

Like a modern day Bonnie and Clyde, the two limped onward to certain death. Seeing main street crawling with cops, they decided to slip into the swamp and attempt to slip by them. At first the cops didn't notice them, but a guard yelled out "Freeze in the name of the law!" and the force mobilized. Already wounded, it was a brief firefight. The robbers were wiped out within sight of their safe house. Hurray for the "good guys".

The second game was set in Columbia with FARC smugglers vs. the DEA. The FARC and Cartel outnumbered the cops, so the cops were allowed to fire in full-auto. The cops mission was patrol the border and protect a mob informant. The FARC's mission was to recover the two bags of Cartel drugs that were missing somewhere in the field.

It was a case of two teams with different goals, clashing on contact. The cops were able to check the FARC's probes as they searched the field for their loot. Beefed up by DR, Nidan and Smoke, Sinner's FARC forces made a direct attack on the DEA's position, flanked them and took them all out, allowing them momentary control of the police station. They didn't find any drugs in the property room but by sheer luck, found the informant and took him. While the FARC was unable to find their drugs, they won the game by taking out the DEA's key witness.

We ended the day with the Evike 3-Gun competition in the Junkyard. DR took 1st place with the shortest time of 1:04. Smoke took 2nd place and Mojo took 3rd.

Thanks to Evike.com for supplying the winner's T-shirt and prizes. We should have the video posted in the next few days thanks to the boys at Infected Airsoft. Thanks to all the players who came out in the brutal heat (nobody got heat stroke or puked).

Look for the video on http://www.youtube.com/user/MoondogIndustries
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Deviated Rationality
Game Producer / Retailer

Re: AAR Miami Heat 2011

Post by Deviated Rationality »

Had a great time this go around. It's a shame so many people dropped out, but we worked with what we had and we had a great time. Incorporating the 3 gun shoot competition was an awesome idea, and coming in first place was even cooler. Thanks for having us, can't wait till the next one!

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Thanks for coming out. I hope you Nidan enjoy the Wallpaper I made from your photos.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Sinner
Site Admin

Post by Sinner »

AAR for HEAT scenario
It was a hot summer afternoon, I was just trying to cool off with an iced coffee and a donut after a morning of serving no-knock warrants. That's when I got the call, a 211 in progress a Brink's armored car getting knocked over. My MP5 and body armor were back in the SWAT van at HQ but I had my tac vest and a shotgun in my trunk and my trusty side arm.

I arrived on scene just as the suspects were attempting to make off with bags of cash. A number of detectives and uniformed officers also arrived on scene. The fugitives failed to comply to an order to drop their weapons. A burst of automatic weapons fire let us know for certain that these were no ordinary armed robbers. I found cover behind a wall and tried to locate the suspects. Sticking my head around the corner, I pulled back just in time as incoming fire peppered the wall I was using for shelter. Each single shotgun blast was answered by dozens of rounds from assault rifles. It wasn't long before the chilling words "code 99, officer down" came across the radio. The situation was degrading from bad to worse in fast. I wait till I could hear the assault rifles firing on Detective Headkill to my right, then I pulled my .45 and popped up firing several shots at the female suspect, Nidan. I saw a round impact and she dropped but I heard her calling "I'm hit!" She soon returned to view firing again so it was apparent that not only were the suspects well armed but they were equipped with body armor. Headkill and I continued to exchange fire with the fugitive closest to us, Ryan, and despite his body armor he eventually went down and stayed down.

The remaining suspects began to advance, officers were quickly being gunned down. I saw Nidan pop up behind a wall and sent a wall of shotgun pellets her way. Again I saw them impact and she went down. I was unsure if she was still alive or not. Detective Para taking advantage of the situation made a bold move to advance and was cut down by a hail of automatic weapons fire. We were not out of danger yet. I managed to wound DR with a well placed shot from my .45, but then Headkill went down next. I managed to get around to a better angle trying to flank the remaining suspects. I emptied the last magazine for my .45 while moving then began exchanging fire at DR with my shotgun. A burst of fire from his rifle hit a finger on my left hand and my right shoulder taking me down for the moment. This left the police with only Officer Spank and his sidearm against at least 2 heavily armed suspects.

I was evacuated and after a quick patch up by the EMTs I refused the ride to the hospital. I got my MP5 from the SWAT van and headed back into the fray. By now the fugitives had escaped the vicinity of the armored car and made off with 2/3rds or their take. All roads out of the area were blockaded but the suspects tried to slip around the roadblocks. Eventually they ran into a patrol and the wounded suspects who had caused so much grief were quickly taken down.

AAR for FARC vs DEA
It was hot, and we all took a long break before starting the final scenario. It started out with me and Ryan as the only FARC on the field vs Para, Spank, Headkill, Mojo, Spank and Moondog. Ryan and I placed our hidden HQ first and then made a move to flank the DEA agents and circle around the town. I first saw Mojo and snapped off a few shots taking him out and then Moondog as he moved to support. Then I cut through the town hall trying to get better position on the rest of the DEA/Police forces. I took a few shots at Spank but missed and I noticed returning DEA players moving to my flank. Ryan got taken down at some point. I switched positions again and came around cover on the run Moondog and I snapped off shots at each other on the move but I got lucky and took him out again. After running back and forth trying not to get flanked and to find a hole, finally I got sloppy and Moondog took me down. I hiked back to respawn, after all the running back and forth my shins and knees were starting to hurt. Fortunately at respawn I met the rest of the Cartel and we devised a plan that ultimately would result in the DEA's complete annihilation. I circled around again taking a longer route this time, while DR led the rest of the Cartel/FARC forces in a frontal assault. While the DEA was focused on DR's team I was able to get completely behind them and engage from the rear. I took one shot at Mojo but as I turned my MP5K on Headkill it jammed. I dropped it and went for my .45 yanking it from the holster and firing as Headkill fired his shotgun in a blast that narrowly missed my head. After clearing the jam I went in search of the remaining DEA agent. Para snapped off a shot at me and in turn I unloaded dozens of rounds at him as he ducked behind a wall. I circled his position constantly firing till I got on the flank and took him out. I called out for DR and his team to move up, we located and removed a witness so we could interrogate him and find out what he might have told the DEA dogs. After hiking back to the HQ with the prisoner I put on my red rag and took myself out of the game because it was becoming painful to walk. Shortly after the game was called.

Both scenarios were a lot of fun and I got plenty of trigger time. Usually in the excessive heat tempers flare up but I think everyone had a good time and fortunately brought plenty of water to keep hydrated.

MrSpank
Site Admin
First Name: Roman
Last Name: Kamensky

Post by MrSpank »

For the love of...of all the shots, you use zombie cop for this?

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

MrSpank wrote:For the love of...of all the shots, you use zombie cop for this?
I don't even remember who took the shot of you doing that. But anyway, it was on my camera memory card, so I posted it. I might use it for a poster for Sugar Hill in October.

MrSpank
Site Admin
First Name: Roman
Last Name: Kamensky

Post by MrSpank »

Moondog wrote:...At first the cops didn't notice them, but a guard yelled out "they're in the woods!"
Actually, what the patrol officer had yelled was "freeze in the name of the law" or to that effect. The cameraman who was with them should have a it.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

MrSpank wrote:
Moondog wrote:...At first the cops didn't notice them, but a guard yelled out "they're in the woods!"
Actually, what the patrol officer had yelled was "freeze in the name of the law" or to that effect. The cameraman who was with them should have a it.
You're right he did yell that. But somebody said something the effect of "they're going to through the woods" but not yelling.

Sinner
Site Admin

Post by Sinner »

I believe I yelled "they're in the woods" in response to Spank yelling Freeze at fugitives with machine guns.

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Good, then I didn't have a total senior moment there. I'll amend my AAR anywho.