Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Moondog's Medic Rules

Post by Moondog »

Moondog's Medic Rules
by Moondog
These rules are designed to be more MilSim than typical airsoft Medic rules. Because in the real world, Medics don’t ‘magically heal you’ back to normal. All they can do is perform first-aid to keep you from dying. And if they can stabilize you, you are still wounded, disabled or at best functioning with reduced capabilities.

These rules hope to balance the desire for players to "stay in the game" and MilSim realism. These rules can be used in conjunction with Moondog's Body Armor Rules.

1. Hit Types
When hit, the player will wave a red rag and call out “Hit” and the location on their body or body armor (eg. "Hit, arm!" or "Hit Vest!").
1.1. Body Hit = 3 minute bleedout
1.2. Face/Head Hit = Critical Hit (no bleedout)
1.3. Hit on Wounded Body Part = Critical Hit (no bleedout)
1.4. Hit on Weapon = Disables Weapon
1.5. Hit on Disabled Weapon = Body Hit

2. Bleedout
When a player takes a hit, they will simulate shock, put a red rag over their head and sit in place for (3) minutes before they ‘Die’.
2.1. Players may call out for a Medic or warn friends of enemy (ie. "Sniper!) but they may not act as fire observers nor engage in combat.
2.2. Bleeding players may not move on their own power.
2.3. Bleeding players who are shot again by enemy players are Critically Hit and KIA

3. Medic
A Medic can “treat” a Wounded player, during their 3 minute Bleedout, by tying the player’s red rag around the location of the players wound (eg. Around their knee for leg hits, vest strap for chest hits, etc.).
3.1. The player loses partial or full use of the wounded body part
3.2.1. Arm hits = Disabled (player can not use arm to reload or fire)
3.3.1 Leg or torso hit = Limp (can't run)

4. Critical Hit
If a player receives a 2nd hit on a wounded body part or a hit to the face or head, then that player is Critically Hit and immediately dies (KIA) due to catastrophic trauma.

5. Respawn
Players who have been treated by a medic will have priority when returning to play after the proscribed respawn waiting period.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Tsuyoi
First Name: Tianwei
Last Name: Xiong

Re: Moondog's Medic Rules

Post by Tsuyoi »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean people who are "critically hit" (IE, headshot or hit again on wounded area) can immediately walk back to spawn (since there's no bleedout), or is that a separate bleedout? If it's the former, this may be a problem for obtaining video footage, since we can only do so in the bleedout period.
Callsign: Tsuyoi

Loadout:
KWA KM4 RIS with Madbull QD Mock Silencer + Barska Scope
KWA M9
A whole lot of guts

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

You are correct, Critical Hit = no bleedout. So you would immediately go back to respawn.

And yes it would prove to be difficult to get a video interview from somebody who had a hole shot in their face.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Tsuyoi
First Name: Tianwei
Last Name: Xiong

Post by Tsuyoi »

Okay cool got it. Must aim for body shots!

Well, I thought the video interview was out of character (for kill confirms), it'd be pretty unrealistic to expect an enemy co who ate a grenade to the body to then be like "yeah you hit me with a nade I'll admit it to the camera"
Callsign: Tsuyoi

Loadout:
KWA KM4 RIS with Madbull QD Mock Silencer + Barska Scope
KWA M9
A whole lot of guts

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Tsuyoi wrote:Okay cool got it. Must aim for body shots!

Well, I thought the video interview was out of character (for kill confirms), it'd be pretty unrealistic to expect an enemy co who ate a grenade to the body to then be like "yeah you hit me with a nade I'll admit it to the camera"
Yeah, I'll revise that to showing the players face and nametape to ID them. We'll require all players have nametapes or wear duct tape with their callsigns written on them.