All new members MUST post an introduction HERE
Vax
Unverified Account
First Name: Chance
Last Name: Fullmer

Completely New Person Here

Post by Vax »

Hi All,

My name is Chance and I recently moved to NYC for a job. I've always wanted to start playing airsoft, but I have not had the cash of the autonomy to do so. Now that I do, I would like to get this ball rolling. I have some questions, but hopefully this post doesnt get too long.

1. I am interested in playing out door games, are there any good outdoor ranges I can look into? Hopefully some with open/register to play weekend events. I kinda want to jump in on this ASAP, but dont really know whats in the area.

2. I see you guys have a carpool section, which is pretty awesome. All else fails I can rent a car for a day and get out to sites, as I did not bring my car with me to NYC. Are there any groups that play regularly that don't mind having a completely new person along? I don't eat led chips or anything, but meeting folks and having a group to out with my first time would really take the nervous edge off things. Not sure if these kinds of groups already exist, but I figured it would be worth a shot.

3. Gear. Holy shit, gear. I read a bunch of great posts about gear that I should buy/look in to, and I plan on doing that. My real hesitance comes when finding a gun to buy. I know most EAGs (hopefully that is correct) are the same, regardless of look, but there are a lot of options. I am not super hung up on looks, can anyone recommend to me a good EAG that would be solid right out of the box, or with limited modding? Once again, not hung up on looks so much, or at least not yet.

Thanks, feel free to add in anything you would think is useful, even if I didnt ask it. I want to give this a shot soon, just a lot to take in all at once.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Completely New Person Here

Post by Moondog »

MOVED TO: START HERE

Welcome. Sorry for the late reply. We've been swamped with OPBB planning. I hope you were able to join us for that. If not, watch out for Wasteland in September.

Please update your Avatar with an honor photo of your face and post an introduction to fully activate your user privileges. See links in my signature below.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars