NYC Airsoft

The definitive guide to airsoft for New York.
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: seriously concerned 2
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:28 am 

I'm new here. I've lived in Brooklyn for a year. When I moved up, I brought a pellet gun with me and it's been in my room. I've never taken it out and actually forgot I had it. My crazy roommate went into my room while I was out of town and found the gun. Not only has he ordered me to leave the apt. because I'm a "threat," he also called the police. He says they confiscated the gun and told him they would issue a summons. I'm moving out this weekend, but what should I do about this summons??? thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: seriously concerned 2
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:45 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

danny35 wrote:
I'm new here. I've lived in Brooklyn for a year. When I moved up, I brought a pellet gun with me and it's been in my room. I've never taken it out and actually forgot I had it. My crazy roommate went into my room while I was out of town and found the gun. Not only has he ordered me to leave the apt. because I'm a "threat," he also called the police. He says they confiscated the gun and told him they would issue a summons. I'm moving out this weekend, but what should I do about this summons??? thanks for your help.

Hi Danny. You have to post an introduction in the START HERE section before you can post elsewhere. viewforum.php?f=68

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:31 am 

Thanks. I've tried to do that several times, but can't figure out how exactly. I click "start here," but only get a message to start a new topic, which I did.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:41 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

danny35 wrote:
Thanks. I've tried to do that several times, but can't figure out how exactly. I click "start here," but only get a message to start a new topic, which I did.

You go to this part of the forum and start a new topic. Not in Airsoft Laws.
viewforum.php?f=68

As to your issues. Hopefully your room mate is crazy and just made all that shit up about the police and summons.

Make sure you fill out an address forward with the Post Office. If you do get a summons from the NYPD you should obviously appear in court. But as to the legality of his going through your things, etc. you should seek legal guidance from an attorney.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:50 pm 

thanks. If they can't serve me because I've left town, wouldn't the summons be invalid?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:00 pm 

sorry for all the confusion. I finally located the introduction instructions. I don't have a photo to upload (I'm a luddite), so cannot join. thanks for your response anyway.