California SB 199 - Opinion

NYC and national airsoft laws and legal issues
Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

California SB 199 - Opinion

Post by Keeper »

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/13-14/bil ... en_v98.htm

After reading this California Bill, one part pretty much sums up to these terms: no sale of a bb device to a minor without adult consent.

"Existing law generally prohibits anyone from purchasing, selling, manufacturing, shipping, transporting, distributing, or receiving an imitation firearm. A person is liable for a civil fine of not more than $10,000 for a violation of this prohibition."

Only part that gets me is they exclude Paintball guns:

"This bill would include BB devices within the definition of imitation firearm for purposes of that prohibition, but would exclude spot marker guns that expel a projectile larger that 10 millimeters in caliber."

The Whole "do enact" section is horrible. Basically, paintball is getting a ride on this and IF you have a clear or bright colored "device" you are fine.

"(3) A device where the entire exterior surface of the device is
white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright
blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the
predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern,
or where the entire device is constructed of transparent or
translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of
the device’s complete contents."

I took out the strike Through lines that were not applicable.
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: California SB 199 - Opinion

Post by Moondog »

I totally agree with you here. Paintball manufacturers seems to have lobbied hard and/or are more known. It's striking that a RAP-4 M4 looks just like an airsoft version of the M4 but are excluded from this law. Not to mention the models of standard paintball markers with hoppers that simulate M4's, MP7's and G36's.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Re: California SB 199 - Opinion

Post by Keeper »

Funny on the Paintball markers. i guess we get more press when someone does something stupid with our stuff compared to paintball.

Looks like the next step would be what bright color would you paint your Airsoft Weapon if you had to? I know everyone would jump on HOT PINK right away!!
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm