seriously concerned 2

NYC and national airsoft laws and legal issues
danny35
First Name: Ken
Last Name: Henry

seriously concerned 2

Post by danny35 »

I'm new here. I've lived in Brooklyn for a year. When I moved up, I brought a pellet gun with me and it's been in my room. I've never taken it out and actually forgot I had it. My crazy roommate went into my room while I was out of town and found the gun. Not only has he ordered me to leave the apt. because I'm a "threat," he also called the police. He says they confiscated the gun and told him they would issue a summons. I'm moving out this weekend, but what should I do about this summons??? thanks for your help.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: seriously concerned 2

Post by Moondog »

danny35 wrote:I'm new here. I've lived in Brooklyn for a year. When I moved up, I brought a pellet gun with me and it's been in my room. I've never taken it out and actually forgot I had it. My crazy roommate went into my room while I was out of town and found the gun. Not only has he ordered me to leave the apt. because I'm a "threat," he also called the police. He says they confiscated the gun and told him they would issue a summons. I'm moving out this weekend, but what should I do about this summons??? thanks for your help.
Hi Danny. You have to post an introduction in the START HERE section before you can post elsewhere. viewforum.php?f=68
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

danny35

Post by danny35 »

Thanks. I've tried to do that several times, but can't figure out how exactly. I click "start here," but only get a message to start a new topic, which I did.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

danny35 wrote:Thanks. I've tried to do that several times, but can't figure out how exactly. I click "start here," but only get a message to start a new topic, which I did.
You go to this part of the forum and start a new topic. Not in Airsoft Laws.
viewforum.php?f=68

As to your issues. Hopefully your room mate is crazy and just made all that shit up about the police and summons.

Make sure you fill out an address forward with the Post Office. If you do get a summons from the NYPD you should obviously appear in court. But as to the legality of his going through your things, etc. you should seek legal guidance from an attorney.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

danny35

Post by danny35 »

thanks. If they can't serve me because I've left town, wouldn't the summons be invalid?

danny35

Post by danny35 »

sorry for all the confusion. I finally located the introduction instructions. I don't have a photo to upload (I'm a luddite), so cannot join. thanks for your response anyway.