Orange barrel tips and Flash Hiders

NYC and national airsoft laws and legal issues
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Orange barrel tips and Flash Hiders

Post by Moondog »

Is it Illegal to paint your Flash Hider Black?
by Moondog

There is NO Federal law prohibiting you from removing or painting over your orange flash hider once you buy it.

Federal law requires all toy guns sold and imported into the US to have an orange tip (at least 6mm of red or blaze orange). This is why all airsoft guns are sold with an orange tip painted on the barrel or an flash hider affixed to it. For details on Federal laws concerning airsoft guns, you can find this here under Title 15 of the US Code, under Chapter 26
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/ ... 01_15.html

BUT your state or municipality may have specific laws restricting realistic toy guns (they have such laws in New York City and San Francsico.) So check with your local law enforcement agency or city hall for their laws concerning owning or modifying your airsoft gun.

Federal law does regulate the importation, sale (commerce) and interstate transport of imitation firearms. So if you bring your airsoft gun to another state to play an airsoft game, you need to have an orange tip on your airsoft gun (at least 6mm of orange). Read this article on transporting airsoft guns: http://nycairsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=730
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Ernisto
Unverified Account
First Name: Ernisto
Last Name: Largo

Re: Orange barrel tips and Flash Hiders

Post by Ernisto »

This is a good information sir, i wanted to paint mine but i cant do it cause i think it is not allowed.. now i hear this topic i was so thankful of you sir.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Orange barrel tips and Flash Hiders

Post by Moondog »

Ernisto wrote:This is a good information sir, i wanted to paint mine but i cant do it cause i think it is not allowed.. now i hear this topic i was so thankful of you sir.
By the way you should post in introduction in the START HERE section of this board so you can validate your account. viewforum.php?f=68
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars