Looking for a vertical (under barrel) tac light mount or ...

Scopes, Red Dots, Taclights, Stocks, Claymores and anything else
Pryme7
First Name: Jonathan
Last Name: Reynolds

Looking for a vertical (under barrel) tac light mount or ...

Post by Pryme7 »

Hey guys, so I got my Guide Gear 250 lumen strobe light in today. Not surprising the mount was crap. Because I don't use a vertical grip on my MP5A5, my ideal mounting locations for my light is the 6 o'clock position, seeing as this is my CQB gun I try and keep as thin a profile as possible. Problem is I can't seem to find a vertical mount that looks like it'll work. Everything is offset and I'd prefer to stay away from that if possible. The shaft of the light is knurled so I'm not 100% it'll fit in one of the slide on mounts. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
“I worshipped dead men for their strength, Forgetting I was strong.”
- Vita Sackville-West

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: Looking for a vertical (under barrel) tac light mount or ...

Post by Moondog »

If you've adding a mock suppressor to it, you could strap a light on it (using a bike light mount) to get the 6 o`clock position you want. http://www.amazon.com/TwoFish-Bikeblock ... _ps_t3_t_1

This is the same strap I used to mount a scope to my suppressor, so it'll work for a smaller tac-light on the underside just as easily. http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac15 ... iHeatE.jpg
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

Unfortunately no mock silencer right now. I'm keeping it short for CQB. I've got a rail system. Just thinking I guess I could use a standRd offset and mount it facing down, but that'll put it at a 4/5 o'clock position not quite what I wanted. But can do if necessary.

You guys ever heard of a scorpion mount? It's hinged.
- Vita Sackville-West

Pryme7

Post by Pryme7 »

I was thinking a 1" scope mount should work right?
- Vita Sackville-West

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Pryme7 wrote:I was thinking a 1" scope mount should work right?
Try the EDIT button instead of double-posting.

Might work. Or another height depending on how much space you have and position you want. There are a variety of mounts with different heights. Try the very thinnest one so you have more hand space. http://www.amazon.com/AccuShot-Premium- ... B001WJ4J64
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars