AAR Code Name Buran 5.0

After Action Reports, game photos and videos
Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

AAR Code Name Buran 5.0

Post by Moondog »

Thanks to everybody for coming out. Please post your experiences and links to photos. Video by RJ and photos by Primer will be posted as soon as they get a chance.

Here's video highlights including attempts to kill a Buran by both NATO and BORAT.

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S01YK29knZM

Additional Event Photos:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 756&type=1

AAR Code Name Buran 5.0
by Moondog

September 7, 2013 STANHOPE, NJ: NYC Airsoft staged the 5th rendition of "Code Name: Buran". Losly based on such Sci-Fi classics as "Predator" and "Terminator", the game pits NATO against Russian special forces and mixes in a mysterious Black Ops organization to find a way to defeat a nearly indestructible pair of alien cyborgs, The Buran.

The games backstory involves a Turkmenistan General Borat who is selling the contents of a long forgotten Soviet weapons vault to buyers from Iran's government. Unknown to General Borat, within the vault are alien artifacts from a meteorite that crashed in 1938, its records lost in during World War 2. NATO has sent a Special Forces unit from neighboring Afghanistan to stop the sale to the Iranians. The Russians have sent an elite Spetnaz unit to stop American's from recovering the stolen technology. An inexplicable emergency message was picked up by the NSA from Gen. Borat's garrison at the vault, "A machine from the vault is attacking us! Our weapons do not effect it. Send help!...."

The took place in ideal post summer conditions at C&C Airsoft in Stanhope, NJ approximately an hour west of New York City. The field features gently rolling hills, marshes, thick woods and a varied collection of wooden structures. Both the NATO and BORAT team were evenly matched with nearly 60 players each.

The small but tenacious MIB team planted and defended the mission objectives. And two members of NYC Airsoft played the BURAN cyborgs, unleashing mayhem around the field. The NATO team was the first to recover a Cryo-Gun and attempt to destroy a BURAN but their shell overshot the cyborg. The BORAT team managed to capture the last Cry-Gun and their attempt 30 minutes later proved successful.

Over 120 players showed up for the game, which was staffed by numerous volunteers from NYC Airsoft, C&C Airsoft, 717 STARS, team Trolls and the team Patriots. Together they helped raise $700 in donations for the the veterans organization, Team Rubicon. Raffle prizes including 3 all-metal AK's and a cool alien hunting event patch were supplied by Evike.com

About NYC Airsoft and Moondog Industries
NYCAirsoft.com is a website portal to information about airsoft events, cultural events, historical reenactments, tactical sports and entertainment. Featuring the NYC Airsoft forum and Facebook group, it facilitates social networking among airsoft players and teams in the New York City area.
Moondog Industries LLC. is a boutique developer of unique tactical products created for airsoft, paintball, law-enforcment, and military use. Moondog Industries produces airsoft games benefitting such charities as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, the Wounded Warrior Project, the USO and the American Diabetes Society. http://www.moondogindustries.com/.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

FirstBlood
First Name: nathaniel
Last Name: raffloer

Re: AAR Code Name Buran 5.0

Post by FirstBlood »

Enjoyed this game very much. It was my first game and deffinately wont be my last. I was alittle confused with the boran camo being so similar though. Hopefully the enimies of the next operation will be more distinct in their differences from my team. Altogether a great experience though.

Keeper
First Name: Donald
Last Name: Swelgin

Post by Keeper »

Great Day and I met lots of cool people on both sides. Some epics battle and even some funny kills. My left knee held out till the BURAN was killed. C&C Airsoft is a great field.

One question for everyone....Who got stuck in the mud in the swamp!?!?!? :lol:
"Might be old...Might be Slow, but I am like a Dog with a Bone. I never give it up."
THE PATRIOTS
The Arsenal: http://patriots.nepa-airsoft.com/Keeper ... s-2016.htm

Rj
First Name: Renato
Last Name: Altamirano

Post by Rj »

It was really an awsome time had a lot of fun but i agree with nate aka first blood the colors where to close to the nato team and there where times where squads would just be walking up to each other and no one could tell if they where friendlys untill someone started aiming their guns. The objectives where interesting but i wish there was an extra cryo gun because the one that i found for the nato team someone missed the buran lol Overall it was worth coming up from long jsland and we are looking foward to the next event

ArmA
First Name: Darius
Last Name: Aleksas

Post by ArmA »

There was an extra gun, but our team, Borat, found it first and we did not miss... wawaweewa
Youtube: http://youtu.be/DeOwMcRO2pU
. Personally to me it felt great to be back in action after almost a year break (some 2 years for big games). My buddy Galeas21 and I, we are already looking forward to the next event Fallout 5. It is good to be back.

Toddski
First Name: todd
Last Name: sieradzki

Post by Toddski »

great game, only my 2nd. im look forward to some future ones, def going to be watching the calendar and my work schedule.
i wasnt paying that much attention and walked into a town held by NATO like an idiot not. should have paid a little more attention to camo schemes in the begining :D
still overall awesome experience

TWD3
First Name: Ted
Last Name: Denney

Post by TWD3 »

Great game and lot's of fun. I wish we had more creative scenarios on the West Coast to match what I experienced in Buran 5.0 and I can't wait for Fall Out.

As others have stated, the cammo similarities were confusing. As a result I personally committed a friendly fire kill; my apology to my fellow comrade on Borat who got on the wrong end of my scope.

A big thank you to my team and to my CO who got me thinking of purchasing a machine gun for a support gunner role. Not sure if this will work in Fall Out scenario but you got me thinking.

Sinner
Site Admin

Post by Sinner »

I had a great time as Buran. It took some players awhile to realize that they weren't able to kill us. Others didn't associate the sound effects with approaching death. To the guys who played dead when I approached...good show! I let you live because it was a really good idea.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

I don't have an AAR at this time, but I would like to extend my thanks to Moondog for a creative game, the players for their hard work and the Buran for their dedication to character. They were truly terrifying (if you let them).

MrSpank
Site Admin
First Name: Roman
Last Name: Kamensky

Post by MrSpank »

wowweeweewa! Great success!

Congratulations and a big thank you for the members of team Borat. This victory was thanks to your efforts and your ability to comprehend the orders given to you. Not to mention your ability to fire the Cryogun properly.

I've made a couple of mental notes on how I could have commanded more efficiently, for next time.

A special thanks goes to the sniper player that lent me his MP5.
And to Handyman for being so generous with his toolbox.

The participants who get the most out of this event, I think, are the ones that took the time to read the material before the event and understood what they were expecting. And understood who to bother engaging, and and when.

MoonDog Industries events are themed scenario events that are not your standard airsoft games. The more time you take to understand them before you show up, the more you'll understand the event when you get there. Which helps, because making it different from other events, involves complicated planning on the organization side, which leads to specific rules that the participants need to understand. Some rules are work-in-progress which will be adjusted for subsequent events. We're trying to make the events more interesting and unique.

On a side note:
For those of you who enjoyed this field, there is another game held there in two weeks, Op: Red Oak Overture. It is by a different organizer. See the posting for it on this forum. Last month's episode of this ongoing series (held in Ground Zero Airsoft in CT) Op: Reality check IV was a tremendous event that really made the team leaders use their heads to understand their missions and to unlock subsequent missions. And an emphasis on team work between squads to accomplish things. Not just about how many BBs you can shoot and how many people you hit. And role players, making the village really come alive.