Advice on maintenance, problems and repair

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

soccerman245
First Name: Eric
Last Name: Kishel

Techs attending OP BB

Post by soccerman245 »

Hi,

I may need some last minute work done depending on how things turn out with my current DMR situation.

Will there be any experienced techs attending OP BB that are willing to do some work the Friday immediately before the OP?

I will obviously be paying you.

If so, reply here or message me. Its up to you.

Thanks.

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Re: Techs attending OP BB

Post by sonic »

As with most large scale events, bringing a project gun can be a big headache. It's strongly advised you stick to your most reliable gun so you're not tinkering and wondering where the problem with it is. I'm not telling you to not bring it, just giving my two cents.

Maybe a techie type will look at it, but don't count too heavily on it.

soccerman245

Post by soccerman245 »

Thanks for the input.

soccerman245

Post by soccerman245 »

I have some simple work I would like to have done if possible. If I can't have it done, fine.

I have an Echo 1 Vector Arms Mp5a4. It is quite old, several years. The bucking inside has deteriorated, I am assuming so, because the range has significantly decreased. I have a proper length brand new prometheus tightbore, an r-hop, an M-nub, and a barrel lockdown kit (all from hunter seeker armory) that I would like installed.

I would do it myself but being so close to the event I would rather not take the risk of opening it up and messing something up.

If someone that is attending OP BB knows they could do it for me and would like to make some money, send me a message. I will be arriving tomorrow sometime in the afternoon. I know this is last minute and unlikely to happen, but I really would love to have this installed. It would make a huge difference for me.

Anyways,

Thank you.

Rosales
Site Admin
First Name: Japheth
Last Name: Rosales

Post by Rosales »

For a regular hopup/barrel installation, it can be done on site without any issues. The problem that you may encounter here is the R-hop.
Even with the Z-kit, there is still fine tuning and a modification needed to make the rhop work. And unfortunately it may be impossible to do on site. It takes me at least 30 minutes to make a patch fit flush on the barrel, and that doesnt include the time needed to make the adjustments.
I would suggest to go for a different hopup/bucking combo for now. Or use a different AEG for this event.
Do not meddle in the affairs of a dragon. For you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Fallout: Buran veteran
T4T 2012, 2013, 2014
OP: Seabird
Bad Blood 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 veteran

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

Rosales wrote:For a regular hopup/barrel installation, it can be done on site without any issues. The problem that you may encounter here is the R-hop.
Even with the Z-kit, there is still fine tuning and a modification needed to make the rhop work. And unfortunately it may be impossible to do on site. It takes me at least 30 minutes to make a patch fit flush on the barrel, and that doesnt include the time needed to make the adjustments.
I would suggest to go for a different hopup/bucking combo for now. Or use a different AEG for this event.
Great advice Rosales. Bring reliability to the game. This is not the place to try out anything untested re replicas (weapons), boots, food, gear, etc. Reliable and comfortable will make the day much more enjoyable. 8-)
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Arsenal
First Name: sean
Last Name: jones

Post by Arsenal »

Also. Chances are, being as old as it is, the lack of range may be due to a bad air seal. Something that would require cracking the gearbox. Not something you want to do in athe field
Armory:
ICS CXP16L,
ICS CXP CONCEPT
WE G18C,
CA P90 Terminator Mod,
UMAREX SL9,
M3 TriShot shotgun,
A&K m249 SAW,
King Arms GBB M4
Tippmann M4 HPA X2
A&K Masada DMR

OP: Bad Blood 2013-OD Mercs