Strikeforce Sports new Outdoor field

Outdoor fields and CQB arenas
DegreE
First Name: Richard
Last Name: A****

Strikeforce Sports new Outdoor field

Post by DegreE »

So I just called SFS to get some info on the new outdoor field they are opening up.

The grand opening is this Sunday, October 27th @ 11am

Admission is $50 with a bag of bio-degradable bb's included.

Pre-register at the store only. They will not accept admission at the outdoor field.

From their Facebook page:
The first game on Sunday the 27th is $50, but it includes a bag of G&G bio bb's. You MUST pre-register in store before hand. The FPS limit is 450fps with .2 bb's. Rules will be similar to indoor but a few changes; which will be described at the outdoor field. The field is roughly 24 acres and is located at 407 Edwards Ave Calverton, NY.

It's $25 for admission and $25 for the bio bb's, but only for the first game. After this you'll be allowed to use other brand bio bb's but the first game will be using field bb's only.

$50... I think I'm going to sit this one out until I see some videos or pictures of this facility.
Last edited by DegreE on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KWA M226 PTP]--[Echo1 Stag-15]---[Echo1 VGM-74]--[Echo1 Red★Star]

DegreE

Re: Strikeforce Sports new Outdoor field

Post by DegreE »

Update from their Facebook page:
First game is SOLD OUT!! We have 60 people and if you dont have a ticket don't bother showing up. We will be taking pre registration for the next game on December 11th starting Saturday November 26th and once again we ae limiting this game to 75 people.
They don't have any information about the new field on their main website. All of this info is coming from their FB page that they have.

Blackiechan666
First Name: Miles
Last Name: Hill

Post by Blackiechan666 »

Are BASR's allowed on the field? and if so what are their limitations?
What are my interests you ask? Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, ummmm did I mention Airsoft?

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

What's a BASR?
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Blackiechan666

Post by Blackiechan666 »

Bolt Action Sniper Rifle. The fields fps limit is 450 with .20 and most bolt action rifles shoot at least 500 fps with .20 but most fields say there is a 100 foot minimum engagement distance. Is this true for Strikeforce's outdoor field too?
What are my interests you ask? Airsoft, Airsoft, Airsoft, ummmm did I mention Airsoft?

DegreE

Post by DegreE »

Blackiechan666 wrote:Bolt Action Sniper Rifle. The fields fps limit is 450 with .20 and most bolt action rifles shoot at least 500 fps with .20 but most fields say there is a 100 foot minimum engagement distance. Is this true for Strikeforce's outdoor field too?
You would have to call them. I haven't played at their field yet so I wouldn't know off the top of my head.

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Blackiechan666 wrote:Bolt Action Sniper Rifle. The fields fps limit is 450 with .20 and most bolt action rifles shoot at least 500 fps with .20 but most fields say there is a 100 foot minimum engagement distance. Is this true for Strikeforce's outdoor field too?
Don't know. As Degree said, you should call them if you're interested and please post back here what you find out.

Bear in mind, if they post a 450fps limit then that's what it is. Each field sets it's own rules. As the SFS Outdoor field is designed to be a real world tactical training center and NOT a paintball field, their insurance company my be vastly different than Cousins. And the insurance company sets the limits on the max FPS of weapons used (though they really should use Joules and not FPS).
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Blackiechan666

Post by Blackiechan666 »

I did not need to call them because they have it stated clearly in bold on their website for me :). Here is what I found:

"The FPS limit will be 450FPS with .20g BIO-DEGRADABLE BBs for regular aeg (minimum engagement rule of 10 ft)
The FPS limit will be 490 fps with .20g BIO-DEGRADABLE bbs for saw’s (minimum engagement rule of 50 ft)
The FPS limit will be 550Fps with .20g BIO-DEGRADABLE bbs for semi auto only (minimum engagement rule of 100 ft)"

DegreE

Post by DegreE »

The whole Bio-bb thing kinda annoys me.

Blackiechan666

Post by Blackiechan666 »

Yea well I am happy that they do take care of the environment and force everyone to use bios for the outdoor field. I don't think mother nature would enjoy being covered in plastic bb's that will never go away. And unlike their indoor field, the bb's can't just be swept up.