What AEG Should I Buy? - POST HERE!

AEG, AEP, EBB, Mini, LPEG and all other electrically powered guns

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

Sharon
First Name: Austin
Last Name: Dilkes

Re: What AEG Should I Buy? - POST HERE!

Post by Sharon »

Hey I was looking for a nice rate of fire full metal M4, the other m4 that I had was a echo1 m4.
So I was browsing around and I bumped into the Matrix M4,and it seems to have a very nice gearbox for under 200 or 300 ( depending on. Version)
Any feedback or advice?

Sinner
Site Admin

Post by Sinner »

I have one of the Matrix M4 in ABS and its a nice gun. I imagine the metal ones are just as well done.

Sinner
Site Admin

Post by Sinner »

Tsuyoi wrote:

Do note, CQB/smaller guns give you LESS accuracy than their larger carbine/rifle counterparts. They may allow for faster target acquisition, but in terms of range and accuracy the shorter inner barrel means they are inferior.

In terms of smgs, the top choices would probably be a MP/MK5, or a P/E90. MK5 if you want customizeability in terms of attachments (optics, laser/flashlights, grips, etc). P90 for an overall (in my opinion) more comfortable and compact gun, which can also be modded with a massive box mag.

The MP7 is also another alternative...
I am going to argue with you there. My mp5k which I used at Fallen Dawn can shoot accurately the entire length and width of the field. Its accurate to about 125ft which is more then adequate for ANY indoor game I have ever played. I also have an MP5k/pdw which shoots about the same. I find the MP5k/PDW to be an ideal indoor gun because you can quickly collapse the stock for real tight cornering if you need it.

ineedzdatf2000
First Name: alan
Last Name: mylastnameisNG

Post by ineedzdatf2000 »

i really want a g&g f2000 should i sell my dboys scar for it? suggestions? comparison?
callsign: Alan

Erebus
First Name: Douglas
Last Name: Hemphill

Post by Erebus »

ineedzdatf2000 wrote:i really want a g&g f2000 should i sell my dboys scar for it? suggestions? comparison?
G&G is superior to dboys, and while I love the SCAR the f2000 has a longer barrel (better accuracy and range), tends to be quiter, and has a quick change spring which is very handy.

The scar however has far more rail real estate, and a standard m4 style layout, ergonomics and internals. The f2000 ergonomics are very different, and the rear of the gun is very wide, people either love it or hate it. If you have not held one I would get a hold of one before you buy. I know there will be a few f2000s around Bad Blood if you will be there for that.

So in conclusion, there is no comparison between the internal quality of the dboys and the g&g, the g&g takes it. Beyond that it is just your personal preference in gun styles. Hope the helps, let me know if you have further questions.
Signature and personality being remodeled

Broadsword
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Gatsos

Post by Broadsword »

I need a good M4 to fit a DEVGRU roll that is solid and works great internally (im not good with internals, but im your man externally) because i probably wont do much upgrading myself. It needs to be solid and like I said, good stock internals. I also dont want a gun like the GI G4 series where its just good externals and nice externals (magpul for example). I have a pretty wide price range (350-450) to spend stock. Please help me out. Thanks!
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Post by Moondog »

Broadsword wrote:I need a good M4 to fit a DEVGRU roll that is solid and works great internally (im not good with internals, but im your man externally) because i probably wont do much upgrading myself. It needs to be solid and like I said, good stock internals. I also dont want a gun like the GI G4 series where its just good externals and nice externals (magpul for example). I have a pretty wide price range (350-450) to spend stock. Please help me out. Thanks!
Which gun is the GI G4?

"I also dont want a gun like the GI G4 series where its just good externals and nice externals (magpul for example)." That sentence didn't quite make sense, would you care to explain why you say good and nice externals?

I don't understand why people think they have to upgrade a new AEG? Any AEG that needs to be upgraded immediately is not a good AEG one to buy in the first place (with a few rare exceptions like the ARES Tavor). Personally I would wait for the ARES M4 or the new G&P M4 which both come with built in MOSFET switches. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=40242
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Reaper 278
First Name: Joseph M.
Last Name: Faillace

Post by Reaper 278 »

If memory serves, Airsoft GI uses G&G Combat Machines for their base G4 series, and customize from there. They're built to be custom, yet affordable, keeping the cost down with polymer bodied M4's and adding specific accessories (ranging in cost from $160-$280).

This is the same complaint from everyone. "I want nice externals and internals that won't break". No one makes "bombproof" internals from what I can tell. Everything breaks at some point, just depends on how much abuse you put your AEG through. Some companies are better than others, and the old adage holds true, you get what you pay for. Everything depends on your budget.

If you're looking for something "DEVGRU" would use, here are your options in terms of airsoft:

-VFC Mk18 Mod 1 - $430
-VFC Mk18 - $365
-Umarex 416 - $450
-G&G TT T418 - $400
-KWA KM4 RIS - $365
-KWA SR7 - $340
-KWA MP7 - $255

Speaking of KWA, you could always go the route of picking up a KWA CQR Mod 0 ($190) and investing in a RIS. End of the day, you're still spending around $340-$400 for the authentic look depending on accessories.
If it's a penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

Callsign: Reaper
Primary: KWA SR7
Secondary: KWA M226 PTP

Member of Task Force 278

phridum
Site Admin
First Name: Travis
Last Name: Barrett

Post by phridum »

Pretty sure Polarstar makes bombproof internals. Definitely worth the hassle.

Broadsword
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Gatsos

Post by Broadsword »

BHunter83_NY wrote:If memory serves, Airsoft GI uses G&G Combat Machines for their base G4 series, and customize from there. They're built to be custom, yet affordable, keeping the cost down with polymer bodied M4's and adding specific accessories (ranging in cost from $160-$280).

This is the same complaint from everyone. "I want nice externals and internals that won't break". No one makes "bombproof" internals from what I can tell. Everything breaks at some point, just depends on how much abuse you put your AEG through. Some companies are better than others, and the old adage holds true, you get what you pay for. Everything depends on your budget.

If you're looking for something "DEVGRU" would use, here are your options in terms of airsoft:

-VFC Mk18 Mod 1 - $430
-VFC Mk18 - $365
-Umarex 416 - $450
-G&G TT T418 - $400
-KWA KM4 RIS - $365
-KWA SR7 - $340
-KWA MP7 - $255

Speaking of KWA, you could always go the route of picking up a KWA CQR Mod 0 ($190) and investing in a RIS. End of the day, you're still spending around $340-$400 for the authentic look depending on accessories.
what are your thoughts on VFC? I heard that kwa doesn't make good internals... is that true?
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"