What's the best 1911 under $150?

GBB, NBB, CO2, RPG launchers, Gas Grenades and Shells

Moderator: redbull

Broadsword
First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Gatsos

What's the best 1911 under $150?

Post by Broadsword »

Im looking for a green gas 1911 that has a large mag capacity. I also need one that is reliable because im not to good with maintenance.
‎"Now there's things you need to know -draw- bout your frickin' secondary, just like your primary, takes bullets. And every time you pull that trigger, that bullet frickin' disappears. It just happens, I dunno, it's science, physics is involved or something crazy it's like magic or something. I don't really know. But it's gonna run outta bullets."

"Chris Costa could deliver all of Santa's presents on Christmas Eve and still have time to find Osama"

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: What's the best 1911 under $150?

Post by Moondog »

I'll assume that when you wrote 1911, you meant a Governmanet model 1911 style pistol rather than the HiCapa. In either case, I would recommend getting a KJW as it's full metal and TM compatible. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=28054

I have a review of KJW MEU 1911: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=862

WE makes a wider selection of 1911 style pistols but they use proprietary design lowcap mags which only hold 15 BBs. That means, you will not be able to buy/trade with players who own TM or KJW 1911 mags.

KJW's mags hold up to 24 (though mag cool down will cause you to run out of pressure around 19-20 shots). Though the mag looks like a traditional thin single stack mag (like the real steel), KJW's BB channel is actually staggered which is why they hold more BBs.

KWA cost more than $150 and they too use a proprietary mag/engine which is not cross compatible with any other maker.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Night Angel
First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Ruvo

Post by Night Angel »

For a green gas 1911, I would personally recommend the WE Caspian Hi-Capa. I borrowed my friends for a couple of months before I got my WinGun. Pretty reliable so long as you clean the inner barrel after every game, and clean all the internals once every couple of months. Uses 28 round magazines, but as Moondog said, gotta watch out for the cooldown. It also turns out that Mr. Spank is selling one in the for sale section with 5 mags and a laser sight for $130.
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:8

Loadout:

Primary: ICS M4 SIR Pro AEG
Secondary: Custom Elite Force M4A1 Patriot
Sidearm: WE-Tech HiCapa Xcelerator Dragon

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

We have 2 KJWs and one WE.

The KJWs are just workhorses. They were around $100.

The WE mags seem to be a bit more finicky.
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

TheSeal
First Name: Salvatore
Last Name: Desiano

Post by TheSeal »

I got the kjw and I love it so much I bought my buddy one for Xmas

Streeker
First Name: Gladwin
Last Name: Sato

Post by Streeker »

If you are ok with using CO2 I would recommend the elite force 1911 ($100-120), you can get the 25rd co2 mag for like 35$ and the kick is much harder than green gas and would work better in cooler temperatures. Its also very accurate and very reliable.

Another 1911 to consider is the top option of the KWA 1911 NS2 series, if you get the A1 model its $150. You are getting a reliable pistol from a well established company but the mags in my opinion is overpriced