Guide: Camouflage Uniforms

Uniforms, vests, belts, holsters, shoes and headwear

Moderators: primer, Shogun Mitsu

youngbuck
First Name: Benjamin
Last Name: Baum

Re: Guide: Camouflage Uniforms

Post by youngbuck »

Join the marines? That's one way I guess. Any way if its property of the U.S. government then how is the woodland digital. What's the best company?
If you are getting shot at shoot back.

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

youngbuck wrote:Join the marines? That's one way I guess. Any way if its property of the U.S. government then how is the woodland digital. What's the best company?
The different digital woodland knockoffs are pretty decent. The blouse pockets are usually wrong, USMC blouses have slanted front pockets. Considering that airsofters only need limited use out of their uniforms, most major brands would be just fine. I'd personally make sure it's Ripstop material.

I also personally advise to NOT get the ones marketted to paintballers, as these usually have ugly sewn on knee pads. I'd go with Rothco or Propper. Check out bdu.com or even Amazon.

If you have the extra scratch and don't have a problem wearing US government property, get on ebay. If you do score cammies there, make sure you take off any service or name tapes before wearing them to a game. That should be obvious, but you'd be surprised. This goes for any surplus uniforms you get, not just MARPAT stuff. Hope this helps

edit -- Some Marines don't take kindly to seeing civilians in their gear. I haven't found this to be the norm, but consider yourself warned.

Frogman
First Name: Nik
Last Name: Grohman

Post by Frogman »

I'm in a commenting mood tonight sonic, some I'm gonna expand on that.

I for one hate it when randoms wear our gear. I didn't care prior to my enlistment, however, now I do. However, if I've seen that the person can prove themselves and perform well on the field, I get more okay with them wearing it, if they wear it right. For example, my team wears Desert MARPAT FROG suits, however, they wear them with the proper belts (The issued MCMAP belts), and they blouse the boots. They also don't roll the sleeves.

There is nothing that I HATE more seeing someone wearing Marpat because they think it's just another camo, and I mean MARPAT not Digi Woodland, I can tell the difference. Especially when they wear it wrong.

That being said Young Buck, I highly recommend getting Woodland Digi if anything, I had a pair of TruSpecs and they lasted me about a year and a half. (and they're still good today, I just don't wear them)
Callsign: FROGMAN
Leader of Shoot to Kill Airsoft (StK - "SticK")
Weapon of Choice: Custom M16A4 Build - "Lucy"

sonic
Site Admin
First Name: Ian
Last Name: Conolly

Post by sonic »

Are you asking our opinions about quality or the "impression"? The combat shirt is nice, I happen to have the same one. I have never seen the coat before. That high collar makes it look a little hot and uncomfortable. As for the USMC impression, all digital woodland knock-offs differ from actual MARPAT in pattern and colors slightly, as well as not having the embedded EGAs in the fabric. It's really up to you how authentic you want to go and what your wallet allows. You're not going up for inspection, so no one is going to critisize your using knock-offs. Have fun with it, it's just a game.

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

Frogman wrote:I'm in a commenting mood tonight sonic, some I'm gonna expand on that.

I for one hate it when randoms wear our gear. I didn't care prior to my enlistment, however, now I do. However, if I've seen that the person can prove themselves and perform well on the field, I get more okay with them wearing it, if they wear it right. For example, my team wears Desert MARPAT FROG suits, however, they wear them with the proper belts (The issued MCMAP belts), and they blouse the boots. They also don't roll the sleeves.

There is nothing that I HATE more seeing someone wearing Marpat because they think it's just another camo, and I mean MARPAT not Digi Woodland, I can tell the difference. Especially when they wear it wrong.

That being said Young Buck, I highly recommend getting Woodland Digi if anything, I had a pair of TruSpecs and they lasted me about a year and a half. (and they're still good today, I just don't wear them)
First - thank you for your service to help keep us all safe. And I completely understand and respect your view. I don't think anyone wears their gear with any intention of disrespect; I know my son and I don't. The majority aren't military/ex-miltary ( although we have quite a few on this site who are ) and don't play in strict MilSim events so they don't know any different. Events like OPBB 2013 are not MilSim which allow a lot more people to enjoy the sport and welcome beginners and experienced players alike. It's good for the sport.

It's also an issue of expense. Most do not have completely matching gear ( We buy a lot of our "stuff" used ) even if you do manage to have different base uniforms.

The advantage of events like OPBB2013 is the chance for those with experience like yourself to help educate those with less experience who might be interesested in taking the next step towards the correct gear/presentation. And most of all for everyone to have fun.

Looking forward to this years OPBB 2013 !!!
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Frogman

Post by Frogman »

Mark, I already planned on helping some people out if they were going towards a certain look. Im not gonna yell at anyome for it, but instead stay something like"Hey, this is how they wear this" etc.

Mark Twain
Site Admin
First Name: Rick
Last Name: Tevis

Post by Mark Twain »

Frogman wrote:Mark, I already planned on helping some people out if they were going towards a certain look. Im not gonna yell at anyome for it, but instead stay something like"Hey, this is how they wear this" etc.
There will be some younger players ( and probably older too ) looking for some direction. They will appreciate your input ;)
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it's lightning that does the work"

Mark Twain 1835-1910

Call Sign: Mark Twain

Frogman

Post by Frogman »

youngbuck
First Name: Benjamin
Last Name: Baum

Post by youngbuck »

Coyote tan boots with the digital woodland right, And a od green under shirt, With a tan belt? Also blousing garters too?
If you are getting shot at shoot back.