V.2 GB Piston stuck

Advice on maintenance, problems and repair

Moderators: JuiceWizard, redbull

Apexairsoft
First Name: Keon
Last Name: Roberts

V.2 GB Piston stuck

Post by Apexairsoft »

Hi guys I have been having problems with my M4 so I took it apart and now when I shot it once the piston got stuck in the back position

Moondog
Site Admin
First Name: Tom
Last Name: DelMundo

Re: V.2 GB Piston stuck

Post by Moondog »

Stuck? It could be bad shimming causing the gears to lock up? Could be a weak motor or battery?

Did you try turning the gears without the spring when you had the gearbox open? This will help you see if the gears are clean and moving without issues.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

Apexairsoft

Post by Apexairsoft »

Moondog wrote:Stuck? It could be bad shimming causing the gears to lock up? Could be a weak motor or battery?

Did you try turning the gears without the spring when you had the gearbox open? This will help you see if the gears are clean and moving without issues.
Shimming is fine and Im using a fully charged 7.4 li-ion with a brand new turbo 3000 motor

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Are you hearing the motor engage at all?

Try somebody elses Lipo battery that's 30C or higher or 11.1v and briefly see if that works.

If that doesn't then it could be that something's stuck in between your gears (like a chip from a piston tooth). You'll have to open the gearbox to check.
Goggles fogging? Get Moondog D-Fog :: See the RULES forum :: Please complete your new account activation. :: Read the guide on face photo avatars

willus

Post by willus »

maybe the motor is set too high?

Apexairsoft

Post by Apexairsoft »

Well After about 5 hours of work I took it to my local army navy and got it fixed for $100, needed a new piston head, bushings, reshimmed, wiring harness and I should be getting it back tomorrow had to get a rush job so I could get it back before OP BB

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

I'm glad you got it working. But if repairs and parts are going to cost you more than $90, next time consider just buying a whole new gearbox: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=38094

That way you have a working gun and you can use most of your old gearbox for spare parts.

Apexairsoft

Post by Apexairsoft »

Moondog wrote:I'm glad you got it working. But if repairs and parts are going to cost you more than $90, next time consider just buying a whole new gearbox: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=38094

That way you have a working gun and you can use most of your old gearbox for spare parts.
Yea but it was my first gun so it had sentimental value lol and I wanted to keep it running

Moondog
Site Admin

Post by Moondog »

Apexairsoft wrote:
Moondog wrote:I'm glad you got it working. But if repairs and parts are going to cost you more than $90, next time consider just buying a whole new gearbox: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?c ... s_id=38094

Yea but it was my first gun so it had sentimental value lol and I wanted to keep it running
You're replacing just about everything else in your gearbox except the shell, so it's not your original gearbox anymore either?

Just saying, I've still got my original AEG's body but it's gone through at least 2 gearboxes.

Apexairsoft

Post by Apexairsoft »

Moondog wrote:
Apexairsoft wrote:

You're replacing just about everything else in your gearbox except the shell, so it's not your original gearbox anymore either?

Just saying, I've still got my original AEG's body but it's gone through at least 2 gearboxes.
Yea the only thing is some gearboxes wont fit in the lower receiver I tried to drop an Echo 1 in their but the bbs would not feed